Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eyewear Nerd

No Authenticity Card with Prada?

You might have bought Prada sunglasses or eyeglasses online and find out the authenticity card is missing! Do not assume the item is fake, since the end of last year of 2012, the new stock seems to not include the authenticity card, I am uncertain why, first I thought they might have run out of stock and more had to be made, but its been almost 8 months since I saw a Prada come with the authenticity card.


The only 2 explanations I can come with is either they a re-designing the authenticity card and the new batch has not been created yet. But the other explanation I can think of is that they will no longer include them, if so that seems pretty damn.


If anyone out there have the real reason or other theories of why the Prada authenticity card is no longer included, pease comment below.

Related Posts
How to Spot Fake Prada's
Prada Sunglass Replacement Lenses

Eyewear Nerd

About Eyewear Nerd -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
July 15, 2013 at 5:44 AM delete

I work at a optical. Honestly I am not sure why they don't, but if they are deciding to just not include it anymore, that would be odd.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
July 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM delete

Yesterday I bought a pair of Prada sunglasses at Sunglass Hut and it didn't come with the authenticity card. I didn't think of this at the time, but now reading this I am a little worried I got a fake pair. Although, Sunglass Hut is Luxottica's retailer, but still I am a little worried... They do have the serial number in the lens and came in the fancy box(es) with the cloth, and a one-year warranty from the retailer.

Reply
avatar
Eyewear Nerd
AUTHOR
July 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM delete

Don't worry, what you have is authentic for sure. As you know, Sunglass Hut is owned by Luxottica, so they would not be selling you a fake. They do need to start including them to ease peoples fears about getting a fake.

Reply
avatar